Old 26-04-2009, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mrcpea mrcpea is offline

Default rechargable or electric strimmer recommendation

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:34:03 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 21:43:00 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

If you have used a petrol strimmer you will find the electric ones
useless.

And rechargeable ones doubly so. I used an electric one once give more
than 6 blades of grass to cut in one stroke and it could hardly manage it.

Get you one serviced or buy a better quality one, Stihl, Honda or
Husqvarna.

I wonder who makes these little two stroke engines? I doubt it will be
McCulloch they are part of the Electrolux empire IIRC.

A service is probably a good idea and possibly some instruction in looking
after it (correct oil/fuel mix) and starting. Two strokes can be
tempremental to start and they are all a little different. There have been
starting procedures written up in here in the past.

Some instruction into looking after it is very good advice,
I did just that a couple of days ago, & it seems to work well now.

Thanks for your reply,

M C P