Old 27-04-2009, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Kenneth[_1_] Kenneth[_1_] is offline

Default Sprinkler pipe questions

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:22:24 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

And what about soaker hose.
I know there are various capacity of emitters, is that the same for soaker
hoses?

Howdy,

No expert I, but...

Those that I have used have a "washer" in the intake end.
That washer has a very small hole in the center.

Obviously, that decreases the flow rate into the soaker
hose.

I will also add that soaker hoses seem to vary radically in
quality. We have some that are in good shape after 10 years
of use and others that were falling apart before getting
through one season.

All the best,
--
Kenneth