Old 27-04-2009, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default identify these flowers

In message , beccabunga
writes

Ellis Morgan;840931 Wrote:
I saw these flowers a couple of days ago in the Dean Garnier gardens
next to Winchester cathedral. Please can someone help me identify them

and if you can provide a url reference about them that is even
better..

The first one looks a bit like Star of Bethlehem - but the front of the

petals is slightly yellow and the back tinged with pink.
http://tinyurl.com/c2cvvj

Looks like Tulipa clusiana

The second looks a bit like the Cosmos family, but I can find a picture

of a Cosmos that looks like it.
http://tinyurl.com/cghry2

Anemone vulgaris [used to be called pulsatilla] - Pasqueflower.

I won't express an opinion as to which genus it should be placed in, but
Pulsatilla vulgaris's name in Anemone is Anemone pulsatilla.

I don't know where those capital letters "JPG" crept in so watch out if

you type it. Thanks in advance.
--
Ellis Morgan

You mention five - what are the others?