Old 27-04-2009, 06:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Easter lily

I was given a beautiful huge, white lily, 11 blossoms, for Easter. It's now
done blooming and I'm going to plant it outside. The question is.....I'll
need to plant it deeper than the depth of the pot it's in. Do I just lift it
out of the pot and plunk it in the hole or do I remove the leaves that would
be buried at that depth or just leave it in the pot until it completely dies
back, trim the stalks and plant it then.

I used to plant these things out in the garden all the time with great
success many years ago but I can't remember how I did it.

Val