Old 29-04-2009, 06:21 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Pridham[_2_] View Post
I agree its Acanthus,make sure you plant it where you really want it as
the roots go down for miles and it re grows from any broken bits so its
pretty fifficult to get rid of, I am fight battles on several fronts here
due to not realising it self seeds too!
Although it doesn't do very well in my garden, and hasn't spread, it hasn't died. The one in a flower bed is a pathetic little plant that hardly flowers. The other one near the drive, although even more pathetic, has nonetheless come back despite being trampled to nothing by builders and drive resurfacers on separate occasions. So it does seem to be nearly indestructible, even if it isn't doing very well.