Old 29-04-2009, 05:08 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Rick Samuel Rick Samuel is offline

Default Pond enlargement

Hello all, haven't been here in a while. Built my pond in 2000, it's about
1000 gal. Everything went well, learned a bunch.

Well, SWMBO wants a bigger one, and I retire in a few months, so I suspect
this is to keep me off the streets. G Gonna be about 2500 gal, not a Koi
pond, just bait store GF, and a bunch of plants. GF get to fair size if the
herons do make it a Mcfish fast food.

My question is about a "Skippy" type filter, what gph feeds this type
filter? Old filters were in the pond. Want external. I read a 100 gal
Rubbermaid tub is good for 3000 gal. But how much to the input side, 50gph,
200gph?

Thanks