Old 14-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Zachary

Default difference between sand and clay Plants like asbestos?

The answer to your question, if I might be so bold, is yes. Sand is a
small simple molecule. Clay is an interesting (my opinion) infinite
2d structure. The composition is also different, of course. There are
many different types of soil.

Archimedes Plutonium wrote in message ...
Henry Boyter wrote:

Asbestos is a mineral, it comes from the ground, and you can put it in the
ground.
And it has been in the ground for a long time, not in a form plants can use
as nutrients.
Since it came from the ground, putting it back doesn't change it.
Probably would make a good drainage material for plants.
Note that fiberglass is not natural, but man made. It is formed from
natural materials. The asbestos is processed as it comes from the ground
like cotton yarn from cotton plants.

Henry, can you tell me the difference between sand and clay? Sand has
silicon but what does clay have to make it different from sand? Is it a
composition difference or is it a geometry difference? Soils seem to
be either sandy or clayish.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies