Old 29-04-2009, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Bears claw

On 2009-04-29 13:18:49 +0100, said:

Hi all
Does anybody have any info on this plant as just been given it.
Looking on google doesn't bring up much as far as I can see so if
anybody has some idea's to the proper keywords or a link would be
appreciated.
The only link to a picture I could find
http://www.worldofstock.com/closeups/NPF1034.php is definitly the
plant I have been given.
I have various plant books but cannot seem to find it ,maybe because
it comes from outside of UK or there is another name etc.
Thanks for your replies.
Carl.

I think this is what's known as Bear's Breeches. It likes plenty of
sun, moist soil that's well drained and an airy position - i.e. not
hemmed in by other plants. Don't let it waterlog but OTOH, don't let
it dry right out, either.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials