Old 30-04-2009, 03:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Signs of Spring

Here in the NY Catskills spring is bustin' out all over. Last week an early
heat wave, in the 80s, gave spring here a two week headstart. This morning
the temperature was a balmy 33ºF.

My flowering pear in blossom, its sixth season since I planted it:
http://i41.tinypic.com/311xvd0.jpg

The four fruit trees (2 apple/2 plum) I planted last year all made it:
http://i43.tinypic.com/iqlxtc.jpg

All four blossoming:
http://i41.tinypic.com/1ghbpv.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/rk4kr9.jpg

Bulbs don't mind pine bark mulch:
http://i44.tinypic.com/favib6.jpg

Bleeding hearts awaiting the first hummers:
http://i42.tinypic.com/aa9iq1.jpg

Creek is looking better, didn't lose all the daffodils afterall:
http://i44.tinypic.com/dvlcb9.jpg

Some squirrel leavings:
http://i41.tinypic.com/357rjic.jpg

Some neighbor leavings... Mooch, that's peanut butter, not mouse:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2wnvbza.jpg