Old 30-04-2009, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default Bizzy Lizzies

On 4/30/2009 9:34 AM, Barum wrote:
I have a lot of leggy plants....can you cut off the stem down to a lower
set of leaves to give them more shape ?

Thankyou

Also known as impatiens, these are generally treated as annuals. Yes,
you may cut them back, especially if you leave foliage below the cut.
This will make them more bushy.

However, leggy impatiens generally occurs if they get too much
fertilizer or not enough light. In my area, impatiens cannot take
full-day sun in the summer; it gets too hot. But they do appreciate
strong indirect light and even early morning or late afternoon sun (but
not both).

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean