Old 30-04-2009, 10:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Bizzy Lizzies

In article ,
"Val" wrote:

"Barum" wrote in message

I have a lot of leggy plants....can you cut off the stem down to a lower
set of leaves to give them more shape ?

Thankyou

Yes, and you can put those cuttings in a glass of water and they will root.
I generally start out with one plant in the spring and end up with several
dozen tucked all over the place by doing just that.

Val

That is how we over winter our double impatiens. However we do this
in late fall before frost . They look bit funky but in 3 weeks they may
be happy again. They live by our kitchen sink Sept.- May 15 ish.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.