Old 30-04-2009, 11:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Pond enlargement

In article
,
Jim and Phyllis wrote:

Rick,

Nice to have you back in the group.

Folks will have a lot of good advice for you about size and flow. Let
me be the first to cheer for your improvement.

Then let me be the first to suggest the benefit of an out of pond
veggie filter or even a bog as compared to a regular filter. Lots
less cleaning. Just a slow flow through lots of nutrient grabbing/
mechanical filtering plant roots. If you have a good drain, you can
clean it every year or so by opening the drain and flushing with pond
water.

Phyllis and I have 3,900 gal total, with 1,000 gal in the berm ponds.
Easy to maintain and beautiful...we think.

Our pond and veggie filters are at:
http://home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/pwp-jameshurley.

Jim

Forgot how nice a setup your pond is. Good work you two!