Old 01-05-2009, 05:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steven Wayne[_2_] Steven Wayne[_2_] is offline

Default Wearing goggles while mowing?

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:06:11 +0100, twinbee
wrote:

Just bought a new lawn mower (Bosch Rotak 40), and wondered if it was
necessary to wear goggles, or if new laws about safety requirements for
manufacturing mowers made this safety tip redundant these days.

If the 'shell' of the mower is covering the blade, I don't possibly see
how a stone/wood chip can shoot out at the angle required to hit your
eyes, without hitting the case first. Can someone enlighten me on this?

They're your eyes, do you want to take the chance?

Before I started lawn cutting full time I didn't wear protection either
but now I always wear a full face spraying mask when strimming and mowing.

Steven
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?