Old 14-04-2003, 09:57 AM
Sue White

Default Plastic Greenhouses

Yes, the first time we put it up it blew down 2 weeks later. The second
attempt has been more successful and even survived the wind of last
autumn. This time we taped a lot of the pole sections together and
buried the poles and plastic a foot deep. It has since then sunk even
further and we now bump our heads when we are in there. I wanted to use
it in a similar way to a pollytunnel as we didn't have the space for a
big one. Most of the salad stuff, peas, raddish rotted off during the
winter whereas the salad in a large cold frame survived. Now however
things are romping away again except it has been very cold recently with
all the frosts as there doesn't seem to be so much protection as with
glass. I'm still reserving judgment whether it is worth the effort.

Adrian Jones wrote:
Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with those inexpensive plastic
walk-in greenhouses, the type that are sort of like a tent that you can get
at Argos or Index, etc?

Thanks.