Old 03-05-2009, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Any Silver Birch/Tree experts?

Angela wrote:

My house has a very small garden that had 4 mature
Silver birch, 1 young maple (though alrealdy large), a young scots pine and
a mature crab apple. All are within 4 metres or so of the house (one is 2
metres)

I had discussions with
the council and they waived the planning permission and allowed me to have
some trees removed, so I had all but 2 silver birches and the scots pine
removed.

What view has your insurance company taken of such large trees so
close to the house?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK