Old 03-05-2009, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default I'm very worry for my 'little' tall palm tree

On 2 May, 21:46, LandraceSwineOldMeetingClub1832
valid wrote:
* Why wont you say where your garden is?

It is in Italy, of course, but I'm not a European.
Is this a newsgroups for UK people only?

Anyway I know RHS & KEW's, thanks for your answer, I will browse those
site to find other infos about this insect, I thought could be also in UK

Though why you say Italy of course, how are we supposed to know that?

Red Palm wevil is not in the UK and with our climate I doubt iut will
be though a few could come in on imported palms, but I doubt they
would survive our weather and they would be hard put to find enough
palms to feed on.
They are prevelent in Italy, Spain and other mediteranian parts.
This may answer some of your questions.
http://www.palms.org/palmsjournal/2002/redweevil.htm
David Hill