Old 04-05-2009, 08:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Williams[_3_] Bob Williams[_3_] is offline

Default Full Blown Epiphyllum Flower

Jim Carlock wrote:
"Bob Williams" wrote...
: The others I just stuck in a big pot with some mature plants.
: They did much better......Go figure.

Some plants benefit other plants. In addition, some plants require
bacterial support in order to reproduce, flower or even grow at all.

We all seem to know that beans create some sort of bacteria that
benefits the leaf growing nature of many other plants.

Verrrrry Interesting!
That is probably what is happening with Epis.
Thanks for the tip.
Bob

It was shown prior to 1975 that Arabidopsis thaliana gets corrected
of a thiamine deficiency by bacteria that supports the missing thi-
amine.

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/j...57565/abstract

There's a PDF link there to the full text of the article. I found
a reference to it in a book copyrighted 1975, Companion Planting
for Successful Gardening, under a section titled DNA.