Old 04-05-2009, 01:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
gardengal gardengal is offline

Default Ping Gardengal

On May 3, 3:53*pm, "Val" wrote:
wrote in message

On May 3, 1:53 pm, "Val" wrote:

Are you still around? Didn't you, or do you still work at Swanson's?

Val

this is the last personal post that Gardengal sent me April 9th.
She's struggling to just get by right now as a lot of us are.........I
can only hope she won't mind me posting it here since your reply to
author was uncertain. *If I have overstepped my boundaries or someone
elses, just consider it my way of trying to be helpful and move past
it.

Perhaps it would have more prudent to have just asked for a way to contact
me privately.

~Pam's email snipped with respect to her personal privacy~

"........chaos of the nursery that she'd worked at successfully for over 15
years (as I
remember) and either it's closing or her decision to leave."

That nursery opened in 1927, it's still sucessful and going strong. I have
no facts about any of her decisions.

" when I got word from her that due to the nursery closure..."

It isn't closed, I was there yesterday, it's less than 10 minutes from my
home.

"This last post was distressing for me simply because she
lives in the Pacific northwest......"

Why would the fact she lives in the Pacific Northwest distress you?

"I have her old snail mail address and I realize now
that I need to drop her a quick line ...."

Perhaps you should do that. You allude to being a good friend but you post a
private email and then use your convoluted conjectures and opinions as her
facts all in the spirit of helping her get over and on with it? How could
this be helping if you are not in communication with her and/or she's not
reading and basking in all your "help".

"I will let you know if I hear back from her....."

No need, I just contacted a former aquaintence of hers at 'the nursery that
didn't close' and have the information I was looking for.

I'm sure you are a very nice person Maddy, I've followed your posts for
years but TMI on this one. I realize the Maddy fan club will rise up on
their hind legs to defend you but a simple...."haven't heard from since
April" would have been sufficient. I personally would have been somewhat
distress if you'd aired on a newsgroup what I sent to you privately about
what appears to be a very difficult and personal matter. I realize you have
no problem publishing all the grimy details of your private life but not all
are like that. I'd think if Pam was she'd have told one and all in long,
rambling missives on the newsgroup instead of few 'trusted friends' in what
she thought was private communication.

Nuff said.
Val

Well.........I'm not sure I know how to respond :-)

To answer your initial question Val, I left Swanson's years ago for a
much better position at another nursery. Worked there for a good
number of years, then moved to the wholesale end of the business. Have
recently gone through a bit of a transition period, but I am back
again in the retail end of the business. And I still practice my own
business of landscape design and professional horticultural services.

As to Marilyn (maddie) reprinting a personal email, I've known her for
many years and know that her heart is in the right place even though
she may used poor judgement in revealing what was essentially a very
personal conversation. I am a little chagrined that my "business" was
aired for the world to see, but can't do anything about that now ;-)
I'll just leave it by saying that I was not satisfied with the way my
life was going and decided to make some major changes.......all good.
I have not been around in the last few weeks because I was busy
sorting through and packing up a household of 25 years. I have a new
job and a new residence and a new outlook - my life is good and I am
moving forward!!

Maddie has indicated in a personal email that she is well aware she
overstepped a boundary in repeating a private conversation. Her
intentions were good if her method was questionable. I accept her
apology. A lesson was learned by all........I will not be so
forthcoming about my personal business and Maddie will not be
repeating personal communications without authorization :-)

A mistake was made. Forgiveness is a good thing. Let's move on.