Old 05-05-2009, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bob[_1_] bob[_1_] is offline

Default moving plants

On Tue, 5 May 2009 08:46:51 +0100, "TheScullster"
wrote:

bob wrote

I know it's best to do this in autumn when they're dormant.

I assume it's risky to do it now, but is it universally the case for
all plants or are some a little more amenable?

What about a ceanothus just about to flower. Risky? Certain death?

If it's not too big and you can move it with almost the entire root ball in
tact, how will it know it's been moved?

I see what you mean. Though in the light of shazzbat's alert about
risk to flowering, I might just leave it till autumn anyway.

Thanks to you both.