Old 05-05-2009, 08:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] ntjones83@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default No apple blossoms on apple trees this year?

On May 5, 11:22*am, Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Zootal said:

My apple trees have very few blossoms on them this year. Last *year they
were loaded, this year next to nothing. I'm in the mid Wilammette Valley,
Oregon. Anyone else in the Northwest observing this?

Some apple varieties have a strong tendency to develop a pattern of
alternate year bearing. *Your big crop last year set you up for a small
crop this year. *Extra fruit thinning may be advisable next year, in an
attempt to break the pattern.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell." *

email valid but not regularly monitored

I that it has got a lot to do with the crop that you had last year
like pat said many apple varieties will have a good year and the a
bad, do you remember what happened the year before? if you can that
will give you a good picture as to consistency of your trees. So if
nothing else you can look forward to bumper crop again next year

http://www.my-garden-hammock.com