Old 14-04-2003, 01:20 PM
KrisHur

Default Fragrant plant?

I don't know about down south but up here (NY) when the wild rose blooms its
scent carries. It would probably be blooming now down there, still several
weeks away for us.

--
Kristen
Zone 6, SE NY

"Peter B." wrote in message
I live in North Carolina. When in the mountains mostly and even in
the Piedmont, I often smell a very fragrant plant, but I cannot find
it to identify it.

Whatever it is, it is fragrant enough that I can smell it in my car
when the nearest plant is two-hundred feet away. I first notice it in
the spring, but it appears to persist even into late summer.

I know that this is not much to go on, but I though that maybe
someone here would have some experience with fragrant plants in the
Carolinas.

TIA - Pete

Remove the "X" to send e-mail.