Old 06-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesVal[_4_] View Post
On Tue, 5 May 2009 22:16:09 +0100, Pete C wrote:

Set up traditional looking canes for runners at the weekend. Not happy with
my tying of the canes, so decided to get plastic thingys to make a wigwam. I
recall using disc shape tops years back, but B & Q didn't have them. They
sell a pack of curved bits which click together...ok, fair enough. Oh, what
a load of 'manure'! First, the parts required super human strength to clip
together. Then the holes for the canes were not flexible, so thicker canes
broke the plastic. Then, struggle to erect ten canes all wanting to go in
different directions. Gradually get them in some sort of circle, and start
to space properly....then......click, the plastic bits I struggled so hard
to put together pop apart!! They are now nearly 2 metres up in the air and
only touchable with finger tips. Take the whole lot down again, click back
together and re-erect. Repeat! Eventually got it up, but what a load of
c*rap they sold me. Back to canes and string next year.

I only ever use bamboo canes Pete, whether I'm building a wigwam or a double
row of supports for runner beans. Can't beat 'em as far as I'm concerned
--
He who knows others is learned; he who knows himself is wise.
~Lao-tzu, Tao te Ching