Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Any Sand Cherry experts out there

On 5/5/09 1:18 PM, in article
, "Bill"
wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I've google with little success - I want to move a sand cherry to a better
spot, more sun and less chance of being taken out by the plow guy.

What I really want to know it how large the root system is likely to be.

I want to prep the new home first, which will take a few days (or more) and
then start moving it. I also want to rescue the "blue monarda" that a friend
planted there so there will be lots of digging going on.

Thanks
Cheryl

Is this what you want?

http://www.naturehills.com/product/purpleleaf_sandcherry.aspx

If the info below is good and if Mature Spread = 7-8 feet I'd hazard
a guess the roots venture out close to that

I was looking more for does it have a tap root or many large roots - sort of
the basic what does the root system look like. I hate to have dug too deep
or not deep enough.

Bill

PS do you eat the cherries?

I've never gotten the cherries. Either it doesn't self pollinate or I've
just missed them all together because the birds got there first.

Cheryl

PS - thank you