Old 06-05-2009, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Winter Jasmine in shade?

Steve writes
I would like to plant a Winter Jasmine against an east facing fence
which is in the shade of my house for all but the first few hours of
daylight every morning. Is it likely to be happy, or must I put it
somewhere else?

It should be happy in shade. Mine is growing up the north wall of the
house (ie in the shade all day every day of the year) and flowers all
through the winter, this year from late October with the last one or two
flowers still on it now.

If it won't tolerate this position, is there anything else that would
give me some winter colour there? I am on the east coast of Scotland.

TIA

Steve

--
Kay