Old 06-05-2009, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Winter Jasmine in shade?

--
"If toddlers can be taught to wait their turn and to say "please" and "thank
you," certainly can we reintroduce these phrases back into the adult
"K" wrote in message
news
Steve writes
I would like to plant a Winter Jasmine against an east facing fence which
is in the shade of my house for all but the first few hours of daylight
every morning. Is it likely to be happy, or must I put it somewhere else?

It should be happy in shade. Mine is growing up the north wall of the
house (ie in the shade all day every day of the year) and flowers all
through the winter, this year from late October with the last one or two
flowers still on it now.

Have to endorse that sentiment. we have just transferred one from a west
facing wall to the north facing wall of the house alongside one which is
doing very nicely thank you

Mike