Old 06-05-2009, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

Default Winter Jasmine in shade?

On 06/05/09 14:51, Steve wrote:
I would like to plant a Winter Jasmine against an east facing fence
which is in the shade of my house for all but the first few hours of
daylight every morning. Is it likely to be happy, or must I put it
somewhere else?

If it won't tolerate this position, is there anything else that would
give me some winter colour there? I am on the east coast of Scotland.

TIA

Steve

My winter jasmine is on the north facing wall of my house (SE England).
It's been there now for over 10 years and is thriving despite lack of
sun and poor dry clay-chalk soil. It gets well pruned each Spring and
never gets fed, but puts on loads of new growth over the Summer and
gives masses of welcome colour during the Winter months.

Ed