Old 06-05-2009, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Winter Jasmine in shade?

On May 6, 2:51*pm, Steve wrote:
I would like to plant a Winter Jasmine against an east facing fence
which is in the shade of my house for all but the first few hours of
daylight every morning. Is it likely to be happy, or must I put it
somewhere else?

If it won't tolerate this position, is there anything else that would
give me some winter colour there? *I am on the east coast of Scotland.

TIA

Steve

East facing will be fine, I had one in Norwich, east facing, it was
wonderful. I miss some of my plants from there but the climate where
I live now is a different matter altogether, it's a bit hit and miss.

Judith