Old 07-05-2009, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bob[_1_] bob[_1_] is offline

Default clematis being eaten alive

On 2009-05-07 07:52:11 +0100, bob said:

- only planted last autumn so not much growth on them yet, and most
of the new flower buds tips have been munched on.

My Readers digest book says earwigs/slugs, but I picked off a couple
of tiny snails this morning. Can I win this way, or should I use a
chemical?

Mice seem fond of Clematis, too. If you do choose the chemical route,
I'd recommend Sluggit and then pick off the dead snails or slugs next
morning and dispose of them.

thanks Sacha, that's what I need - I'm in France, does anyone know if
it's the same brand name?