Old 07-05-2009, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Basil query

On 2009-05-07 17:36:54 +0100, Frank Booth Snr said:

I haven't grown Basil before, but does this grow very s-l-o-w-l-y?

I sowed some seeds in March which sprouted normally after 2 weeks.
Then they formed their first pair of true leaves by mid April, when I
potted up 2 of the 12 seedlings sprouted. Since then all the seedlings
seem to have made hardly any further progress including the 2 that
were potted on. The 2 true leaves have slightly expanded but that's
about all.

Is this slow progress normal for Basil?

AIUI, they need bottom heat to really get them going.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon