Old 07-05-2009, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Basil query

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
I haven't grown Basil before, but does this grow very s-l-o-w-l-y?

I sowed some seeds in March which sprouted normally after 2 weeks.
Then they formed their first pair of true leaves by mid April, when I
potted up 2 of the 12 seedlings sprouted. Since then all the seedlings
seem to have made hardly any further progress including the 2 that
were potted on. The 2 true leaves have slightly expanded but that's
about all.

Is this slow progress normal for Basil?

I have a small tray of Basil and it's the same story here.
mark