Old 08-05-2009, 06:26 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Pond Supplies

In article ,
~ jan wrote:

Jan,
I didn't know that you could get dechlor in powdered form. What is it
called?
Jim

Chloram-X (dechlor with ammonia binder) is powder, but the dechlor I've
been using is small crystals, like big sugar granules. For the life of me I
can't remember the chemical name.

Kurt, your cartridge cost $30/year?! 5 lbs of dechlor costs about the same
w/shipping and last my 1500 pond (water change weekly) and 1000 lily pond
(water change bi-monthly), 6 aquariums plus various small stock tanks and
pools outside 5-7 years. I've purchased 2, 5 lbs containers since 1995 and
I still have a pound left. It has been going faster since water change
suggestions were increased on the koi pond. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

This just makes it so easy. Just screw on the end of the hose when I
fill or change the water.

See that now not many have them

http://waterfiltersforless.com/catal...roducts_id=231

I got mine a few years back cheaper.