Old 08-05-2009, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Lawns and 'Someone's" views

'Mike' wrote:

ST. FRANCIS: Apparently so, Lord. They go to great pains to grow it and keep
it green. They begin each spring by fertilizing grass and poisoning any
other plant that crops up in the lawn.

GOD: The spring rains and warm weather probably make grass grow really fast.
That must make the Suburbanites happy.

Which reminds me that I have got a box of feed & weed that I
never managed to put on the lawn last year.

Is it just me, or is it a real pain getting the conditions right?
Not too dry, not raining, but rain soon enough to wash it in, not
within 4 days of cutting, calm enough that it doesn't blow across
the garden...

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK