Old 08-05-2009, 05:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default What fertilizer for new grass planting?

In article ,
Steve wrote:

Perhaps but only a soil test could really could answer your question. It
may be acidic and in need of lime more than anything.. that will really
wake up turfgrass and make it respond to food. Be aware sweetening the soil
is a slow process and requires more product (lime) than just fertilizing.

Okay. Is this something I get and do myself, or do I have to have
somebody come out and do it for me? If the latter, who is the type of
person I should be looking for?
Thanks.

--
"Distracting a politician from governing
is like distracting a bear from eating your baby."

--PJ O'Rourke