Old 08-05-2009, 08:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default What fertilizer for new grass planting?

In article ,
Steve wrote:

You can purchase a 'home test kit' from your local garden store that will
be a fair indicator of your soil PH and nutrient (follow the instructions
closely).

Otherwise you can send off a soil sample to a lab for a nominal fee, this
one is usually more accurate than the home test kit.

Have you applied any lime recently?

Never in 25 years. I am sorta ticked because I have been having the
yard service out on service calls for the last 4 years and they never
even suggested testing or lime.

--
"Distracting a politician from governing
is like distracting a bear from eating your baby."

--PJ O'Rourke