Old 08-05-2009, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Corporal Jones Corporal Jones is offline

Default Basil query

mark wrote:
"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
I haven't grown Basil before, but does this grow very s-l-o-w-l-y?

I sowed some seeds in March which sprouted normally after 2 weeks.
Then they formed their first pair of true leaves by mid April, when I
potted up 2 of the 12 seedlings sprouted. Since then all the seedlings
seem to have made hardly any further progress including the 2 that
were potted on. The 2 true leaves have slightly expanded but that's
about all.

Is this slow progress normal for Basil?

I have a small tray of Basil and it's the same story here.
mark

Mine too, sowed them in the greenhouse, moved them to the conservatory
and eventually to the kitchen windowsill but still slow to grow!
Oh well, back to Tesco

--
Corporal Jones
"I don't like it up me"