Old 10-05-2009, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected][_2_] sutartsorric@googlemail.com[_2_] is offline

Default Death of a plum tree ?

On 28 Apr, 21:35, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message

from contains these words:

Some of the leaves appeared as normal, looked very healthy and have
since wilted, but leaves on the same stem are ok. It is very puzzling.

Sounds like you have damaged the roots and the sap isn't getting to the
branches, only to the stem.

Try keeping the soil a little moister than normally you would, to give
it a chance to recover.

--
Rusty

Yes I must have done, although the whole root ball seemed to come out
intact and i just dropped it in the larger container and filled around
it.

However, all is not lost because although most of the leaves have
shrivelled, a few are still looking healthy and a number of the
lateral buds have started to open much lower down the tree and so it
does look as if it may recover.

Thanks for the advice re-watering, I will pay more attention to that.