Old 24-02-2003, 01:15 PM
KrisHur

Default Help for a newbie? Please?

"Paul Zook" wrote in message
My grandma Rose passed away last March and this year I want to do a nice
planting of flowers around her headstone. My question...I am looking for

pretty flowing plant that can tolerate direct sun and wont grow too wild.

ususally stop by the cemetary once a week to water the flowers so I need
something that is tolerant of the heat and periods of little water.

Many thanks for your help!

Paul

As someone else already mentioned, check with the caretaker.

Depending on your climate (what part of the country are you in?) A small
peony would be nice, they have a brief bloom period but are glorious in
bloom, are low maintenance and will live 100 years.

Longer blooming plants suitable for you would be:
Knautia
Platycodon
Coreopsis

--