Old 14-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Default [IBC] How to grow - was - Why I dislike Serissa

Hello to All,

Nina typed-
I can't emphasize this

enough: it's possible to grow anything anywhere as long as you
understand the plant's growth requirements and give it what it needs.

My response[ beaming with pride],

The Hackberrys have been out of the refrigerator since
the 1st of April and are leafing out beautifully.
At the beginning of May,I will defoliate for finer foliage.

Testing the fridge effect on Chinese Pistachio,still awaiting
their new growth.

Cut back my Gingko and also awaiting the new growth.
It was about 18" tall,with only 3 branches.So I cut it
back down to about 10" or so.

The trident maple and black pines continue to grow unaided
by the refrigerator process.New crop of black pine seedlings
started last year,so I get to further my research on their
growing.

The dry season is very pronounced this year and the Black pine
growth is very slow.Keeping the Trident in shade and on top
of a moist compost heap,to help the new leaves along.
Isn't Bonsai fascinating.
Khaimraj
[ West Indies/The Caribbean
Sempre Spring Zone]