Old 12-05-2009, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] info@taylorschoice.co.uk is offline

Default potting on compost

On May 12, 10:09*am, Ros Butt
wrote:
Any recommendations for a compost to pot-on tomatoes that is not too heavy,
but on the other hand does not let the water run straight through? *
I've usually used J Arthur Bowers 'seed and potting', but it's difficult to
get locally and necessitates a 25 mile round trip to the nearest place to
buy, whereas I have about three or four garden centres, a B&Q & a *Homebase
within a 10 mile trip to buy an alternative. *I tried one different one a
couple of years ago when I couldn't find the JAB, and the water just ran
through (can't remember what it was called unfortunately).

I've wasted the best part of a bag of JAB having potted on most of the
tomatoes which developed mosaic virus so have had a good clean out and
disinfectant of the greenhouse. *I've now got later ones coming on in my
conservatory which I will put out in the greenhouse and hope! I've put a
good sized test replacement from my neighbour in the disinfected greenhouse
and watching for any signs of the virus before I put the others out there..
Any advise or experience of this virus will be very welcome.

Ros

We offer over 5000 different products for nationwide delivery with a
very large and diverse range of composts which may be worth having a
look at www.taylorschoice.co.uk

Our Taylors Choice multipurpose compost is a very high quality &
highly recommended with 10000's of bags sold every year! We also offer
many other different branded horticultural goods which you can see on
our website.

There is also compost's/planters etc... specifically for growing
tomato's which may be of use to you.

If you would like anymore information or help just send me a message
or an email