Old 12-05-2009, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Little Paul Little Paul is offline

Default Weed and feed dispenser for hosepipe

On 2009-05-12, Andrew May wrote:

I had one that came with a pack of weed and feed. Can't remeber the name
but it was one of the big fertilizer brands. I never found it much use
because as the weed and feed was used up from it it was replaced by
water. I was convinced that as a result the concentration actually going
onto the lawn went down over time.

That was pretty much my experience. Probably not an issue if you're using
it with a sprinkler but if you're doing it with a spray attachment on the
end of a hose it's more of a concern.

These days I go for a solid feed anyway, they last a lot longer and don't
need re-applying nearly as often. I don't go in for the "smooth enough to
play snooker on" thing though, so your mileage will almost certainly vary.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com