Old 12-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered User

Default Weed and feed dispenser for hosepipe

Anyone know of a device thats fits somweher between the tap and sprinkler to dispense a lawn fertilizer? i.e feed and weed.

Hozelock said they did one years ago and its a constant request from customer?
Old 12-05-2009, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

pullet_surprise wrote:
Anyone know of a device thats fits somweher between the tap and
sprinkler to dispense a lawn fertilizer? i.e feed and weed.

Hozelock said they did one years ago and its a constant request from
customer?

I had one that came with a pack of weed and feed. Can't remeber the name
but it was one of the big fertilizer brands. I never found it much use
because as the weed and feed was used up from it it was replaced by
water. I was convinced that as a result the concentration actually going
onto the lawn went down over time.

Andrew
Old 12-05-2009, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-12, Andrew May wrote:

I had one that came with a pack of weed and feed. Can't remeber the name
but it was one of the big fertilizer brands. I never found it much use
because as the weed and feed was used up from it it was replaced by
water. I was convinced that as a result the concentration actually going
onto the lawn went down over time.

That was pretty much my experience. Probably not an issue if you're using
it with a sprinkler but if you're doing it with a spray attachment on the
end of a hose it's more of a concern.

These days I go for a solid feed anyway, they last a lot longer and don't
need re-applying nearly as often. I don't go in for the "smooth enough to
play snooker on" thing though, so your mileage will almost certainly vary.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com
Old 12-05-2009, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 12, 12:00*pm, pullet_surprise pullet_surprise.
wrote:
Anyone know of a device thats fits somweher between the tap and
sprinkler to dispense a lawn fertilizer? *i.e feed and weed.

Hozelock said they did one years ago and its a constant request from
customer?

Well that makes a nice change from,"Sorry, Guv. there's no call for
'em!"
Old 12-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullet_surprise View Post

http://www.nvsuk.org.uk/garden_equip...uct.php?pr=630

Old 14-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granity View Post
Nice one

Fish Food Dispenser Matt Farmer Ponds (moderated) 0 08-11-2007 10:21 AM
Hose-end dispenser for herbicide (Gilmour?) MaryL Lawns 11 15-04-2006 07:59 AM
hot water dispenser bill Lawns 3 04-07-2005 04:36 AM
Gardena watering fertilizer dispenser??? Matthew Durkin United Kingdom 7 10-08-2004 04:54 PM
To Feed or Not to Feed GF Robert Ramirez Ponds 2 15-06-2003 11:20 PM