Old 13-05-2009, 04:03 AM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Urgh! European wasps in my garden!

What do I do? I spent a fruitless half-hour stalking the little buggers
with a fly swatter (yeah, I know - stupid!). They wouldn't sit still
long enough for me to thwack 'em, nor even allow me to deliver a sharp
forehand volley in fresh air. I'm very reluctant to spray anything
about, since we have a lot of frogs and lizards living among our veg.
What to do???

I can't see any nest or definite place from which the wasps are coming,
although there's an old (empty?) paper wasps' nest up under the eaves of
the house. There are swarms of these blasted European things, though,
and it's starting to get dangerous to go out in the yard. Any and all
help gratefully appreciated! =:-0

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia