Old 13-05-2009, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Leonardslee Lakes and Garden

On 2009-05-13 17:33:13 +0100, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Sacha" wrote after
"Bob Hobden" said:

Some photos I took last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...n/photostream/

Those are fabulous, Bob - the colours are so immensely vivid. And I love
the wallabies! That old rhododendron with the wallabies stretched out
underneath it is a fantastic sight. I wonder what age that must be.

Must admit it was your post about Wallabies that prompted me to join Flickr
and upload some of the photos I took last week.
I thought the combination of huge old Rhodes in an English landscape and
Wallabies, especially the white one, rather surreal. As for age, I do know
the gardens were started by the Hubbard family (?) and have been in the
Loder family for a century.

That's it - we're moving in. ;-) I'm very glad you've uploaded
those photos because, in fact, they've prompted me to book ourselves a
parking space at Greenway. Ray knows it well having been a friend of
the former head gardener there for years but I've never been. Because
our own Nursery is so busy, days and weeks go rolling past and we
suddenly wake to the fact that we haven't visited x, y, or z garden.
You've nudged my memory so thank you for that and your lovely photos.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon