Old 13-05-2009, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Leonardslee Lakes and Garden

Some photos I took last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...n/photostream/
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 13-05-2009, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-13 15:41:38 +0100, "Bob Hobden" said:

Some photos I took last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...n/photostream/

Those are fabulous, Bob - the colours are so immensely vivid. And I
love the wallabies! That old rhododendron with the wallabies stretched
out underneath it is a fantastic sight. I wonder what age that must be.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Old 13-05-2009, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
Some photos I took last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...n/photostream/

What gorgeous flowers and plants!!! A wonderful place to walk too! Where
is it, please?

You have photographed them beautifully!

Well done!

Old 13-05-2009, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote after
Bob Hobden wrote:
Some photos I took last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...n/photostream/

What gorgeous flowers and plants!!! A wonderful place to walk too! Where
is it, please?

You have photographed them beautifully!

Well done!

Thank you, it's near Horsham in Sussex...
http://www.leonardslee.com/

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 13-05-2009, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote after
"Bob Hobden" said:

Some photos I took last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...n/photostream/

Those are fabulous, Bob - the colours are so immensely vivid. And I love
the wallabies! That old rhododendron with the wallabies stretched out
underneath it is a fantastic sight. I wonder what age that must be.

Must admit it was your post about Wallabies that prompted me to join Flickr
and upload some of the photos I took last week.
I thought the combination of huge old Rhodes in an English landscape and
Wallabies, especially the white one, rather surreal. As for age, I do know
the gardens were started by the Hubbard family (?) and have been in the
Loder family for a century.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 13-05-2009, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-13 17:33:13 +0100, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Sacha" wrote after
"Bob Hobden" said:

Some photos I took last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...n/photostream/

Those are fabulous, Bob - the colours are so immensely vivid. And I love
the wallabies! That old rhododendron with the wallabies stretched out
underneath it is a fantastic sight. I wonder what age that must be.

Must admit it was your post about Wallabies that prompted me to join Flickr
and upload some of the photos I took last week.
I thought the combination of huge old Rhodes in an English landscape and
Wallabies, especially the white one, rather surreal. As for age, I do know
the gardens were started by the Hubbard family (?) and have been in the
Loder family for a century.

That's it - we're moving in. ;-) I'm very glad you've uploaded
those photos because, in fact, they've prompted me to book ourselves a
parking space at Greenway. Ray knows it well having been a friend of
the former head gardener there for years but I've never been. Because
our own Nursery is so busy, days and weeks go rolling past and we
suddenly wake to the fact that we haven't visited x, y, or z garden.
You've nudged my memory so thank you for that and your lovely photos.

Old 13-05-2009, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13 May, 15:41, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Some photos I took last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...n/photostream/

It's all about Rhodos ans Azaleas at Leonardslee and the scent from
those blooms. I've visited there 4 times in the '90s, and it poured
with rain on 3 of those occasions. The fourth time I was luckier. My
favourite Rhodo is the giant Loderi 'King George', which I think
you've snapped. (Big scented white blooms, pink in bud and opening).
You can't miss it when you see it
Old 13-05-2009, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-13 19:47:44 +0100, Frank Booth Snr said:

On 13 May, 15:41, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Some photos I took last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...n/photostream/

It's all about Rhodos ans Azaleas at Leonardslee and the scent from
those blooms. I've visited there 4 times in the '90s, and it poured
with rain on 3 of those occasions. The fourth time I was luckier. My
favourite Rhodo is the giant Loderi 'King George', which I think
you've snapped. (Big scented white blooms, pink in bud and opening).
You can't miss it when you see it

Our Lady Alice Fitzwilliam is finished for this year and is still a
comparative youngster, in a pot on a lawn. There's another in the
garden. The fragrance is stop in you in your tracks gorgeous. Is the
King George scented?

Old 13-05-2009, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13 May, 22:25, Sacha wrote:

Our Lady Alice Fitzwilliam is finished for this year and is still a
comparative youngster, in a pot on a lawn. There's another in the
garden. The fragrance is stop in you in your tracks gorgeous. Is the
King George scented?

Highly scented. It was bred by Leonardslee, too.
Old 14-05-2009, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-13 22:56:32 +0100, Frank Booth Snr said:

On 13 May, 22:25, Sacha wrote:

Our Lady Alice Fitzwilliam is finished for this year and is still a
comparative youngster, in a pot on a lawn. There's another in the
garden. The fragrance is stop in you in your tracks gorgeous. Is the
King George scented?

Highly scented. It was bred by Leonardslee, too.

Lovely, thanks. I'll be keeping a look out for that one, too. It's
such a beautiful colour, too.