Old 13-05-2009, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bob[_1_] bob[_1_] is offline

Default honeysuckle not wanted

On 13 May 2009 18:42:10 GMT, Derek Turner wrote:

On Wed, 13 May 2009 17:49:59 +0200, bob wrote:

That's a clever idea.

I don't mean to turn it into a sexual metaphor but aren't there some
risks? I mean the stem isn't exactly smooth, so might there not be some
seepage. Or maybe I haven't understood the modus operandi?

AIUI you just paint the Roundup on the cut surface thickly and use the
johnny to stop it drying out or being washed off - you don't have to fill
the thing! (As the actress said to the bishop).

lol! ok, got it. Sorry, novice gardener here so never used any such
thing (the roundup, I mean). I guess the stuff must be thick and
treacly or jammy?

You don't think there'd be any danger to the clematis root which is
only 10 cms away?

What about the ammonium sulphamate you mentioned? Is that roundup but
without the branding?