Old 15-05-2009, 02:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jeff[_14_] Jeff[_14_] is offline

Default soil from the curb

I live on a quiet corner (traffic wise) and the ivy has grown over the
curb. It's been a few years since I cleaned this out so there's as a
good bit of soil in there, it's pretty light in consistency, dark in
color and full of worms. To a gardening novice this seems like good
soil, much lighter that what I get out of the bag, or from the bottom of
the mulch pile.

What should I do with this? I've got a grape to plant and I'd like to
pot up some roses. Would it be suitable for that, or should I amend it?

Jeff