Old 15-05-2009, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Where to buy glyphosate weedkiller

David Rance wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2009 Judith in France wrote:

I was given to understand that the licence to use glyphosate
in branded weedkiller has expired and glyphosate should now be
available at a reasonable price on the open market. Does anyone have a
reliable source from whom I can purchase it at a reasonable price
please.

I know places where it has been possible to buy it at a quarter of the
usual price - but I'm afraid they're all in France! My allotment
neighbours used to ask me to get some each time I visited France!

David

Do tell David, where in France, please?

Bricomarché. At least the one in Falaise stocks it so I suppose that
others do.

David

Good Lord, man. Have they no Agrial (formerly Orcal, sometimes Point
Vert) in Falaise? Go to the professional section, ask for Roundup.
Bring your own container. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Not sure what the minimum is, though. I get mine by ladle from a local.

Falaise, eh? South of Argentan here.

-E