Old 14-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Pam

Default I need a groundcover for full sun.

Travis wrote:

Pam wrote:
Travis, they are not sold as a "groundcover" but there a number of
hardy geraniums that would do the trick.

I was thinking more along the line of Wintergreen/Kinnikinnick/etc type of
groundcover but was concerned about the full afternoon sun they will get.
They will not be watered after they are established either except by Mom
nature.

Wintergreen will prefer shade but kinnikinnick does fine in (actually prefers)
full sun. I would not consider KK to be very good at supressing weeds,
however. It seldom forms dense enough coverage to prevent weeds from growing
through and then you have the added mess of trying to remove the weeds from
the interior of the plant without damage.

pam