Old 15-05-2009, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Self-managed allotments - lease

Are theer any examples of self-managed allotment leases?
Just having a read of what the council want for ours and I don't know
why they call it self-managed as they retain control of maintenance of
trees, that the council must give express consent for any alterations
of buildings, plots, layout, that the council get lists of who's on
the waiting lists, they can inspect at least 3 times a year, etc.

I can see the point in making the allotment group responsbile for
insurance - public liability and buildings insurance where there are
buildings, but if everything else they still have to ask permission
for then it's hardly being self-managed and it's just taking any
burden of funding away from the council.

Or am I just suspicious of the council?
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk