Old 16-05-2009, 04:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nanzi Nanzi is offline

Default Need WH.. anyone out there with extra?

On May 15, 7:30 pm, Gojira wrote:
None of the stores here have gotten any pond plants at all this year, and

Home Deopt just told us that they aren;t getting any in till almost the en
d of JUNE! Thats 1/2 through our entire growing season here, and I need som
ething to startup our veggie filter now.

Anyone out there able to send some? (I'm in western NC)

I quit using them, now I have water celery which overwintered here in
the pond this year, but had escaped to the dirt around pond the year
before, so I dug it up and chucked it in the pond without the fish.
It grows like crazy and the fish eat it. We thin the clump out and
throw it into the big pond with the fish and they have a feast - leave
only stems. I originally saw it in a pond at a store and they said
that is the only plant or cleaning they use in that pond. It was clear
and clean. Good purchase for us. YMMV
Nan in DE